Saturday, February 10, 2018

Write I AM worthy and begin –

Write I AM worthy. And begin. Again. This is The Truth of the Truth.
Thank you, Dele Slaughter. You inspire me just sitting on my page.
Why is this so hard? Voice in my head: "If it was easy, everyone would do it."
Why can't I be present for the people in my head
who have lived there long enough and are eager to start their lives?
Have I kept them close too long? Are they prisoners in my mind?
Will I ever let them go?
That's a question without an answer. But my mind wants to get on with it.
Here it is February again. I started this project in February 2010.
It has been eight long years.
There are 46 stories of all kinds here.
Still, I am not really working hard to get those people out of my head.
I'm stuck. I'm in limbo ... Cue the joke: I'm stuck in The Gumbo Limbo!
I've made a promise that I will do better. I will begin, again!          © 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment