Friday, February 26, 2010

Don't Break the Elastic!

My good friend sent me such a great email about the poet Maya Angelou that I'm posting it here instead of writing today. It's an interesting read and I hope you get as much from it as I did.

Don't Break the Elastic!

On her 70+ birthday in April, Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah. She was asked what she thought of growing older. She said it was exciting and that she'd learned a lot of important things.

I've learned no matter what happens or how bad it seems today, life does go on and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights.

I've learned regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

I've learned making a living is not the same thing as making a life.

I've learned life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back.

I've learned whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

I've learned even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

I've learned every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

I've learned I still have a lot to learn.

I've learned people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

If you do something good today, something good will happen.

If you don't, the elastic will break and your underpants will fall down around your ankles!

I decided I didn't need to take any chances on MY elastic breaking! I put this on my blog for everyone to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment