Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Grandparents' Anniversary

This evening, my husband Dan and I went to dinner. We ran into a business friend who was dining with her husband and his parents who were celebrating their 59th wedding anniversary. They were an adorable couple, he with a twinkle in his eye and she with a broad, friendly smile on her face. They reminded me of my grandparents.

Later, I remembered today was my grandparents' anniversary too. I vividly remember their 50th anniversary. It was a big, dressy affair with all their friends and our family. I was nineteen and in college. Fifty years with one person was unfathomable to me at the time, but I had been around them for nineteen of those years and they had a pretty special thing going between the two of them. Although they are both gone now, I can't imagine their heaven being anywhere but together.

It made me smile to know I had just met two people who shared that special date with my Gran and Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment